A data center can be termed as an it facility that is used to house computercomponents and their associated systems such as storage andtelecommunication systems. It comprises of backup or redundant powersupplies, environment controls (e.g., fire suppression), redundant dataconnections and security equipment. Every organization has a data centeralthough most of them call it a server room.
Moving further from what is data center, installing a data center is acomplex undertaking. It involves different variable options, configurationsand layout alignment of the supporting systems such as air conditioningfor data center cooling. There are standards that define basicrequirements for a data center. A good example is the ANSI-TIA/EIA 942A. Data centers are classified as Tier1, Tier2, tier 3 data center and Tier4.Whether big or small, a data center needs to address computing resourcesfor its users, and the storage for their data.
Best security practices for data centers
- Incorporate security compliance objectives in your datacenter design and make sure that the security team isengaged since day one. It is important to develop securitycontrols for every modular component of the facility; data,storage, network and servers that are bound to a commonpolicy environment.
- Confirm that the approach adopted will not limit scalabilityand availability of resources. These two factors shoulddictate why you should invest in the next generation of datacenters.
- Create and enforce security policies that are application-aware, identity and contextual for least complexity andmore scalability. Check to see that they can beimplemented easily across virtual, physical and cloudenvironments. Replacing secure trust zones for physicaltrust zones will provide for seamless, safe and secure useraccess to all applications in real time.
- Invest in virtualization-aware or enabled securitytechnologies. Security needs to work at the network level asopposed from the server. To discover new or existing virtualmachines and to follow them as they scale up, the networksecurity need to be integrated at the hypervisor level so thatthe policy can be dynamically enforced and applied.
- Everything needs to be monitored continuously at thenetwork level in order to assess all assets, virtual andphysical that resides on the local area network. Thisdynamic network monitoring fabric allows you to knowmissing configurations, application or patches that canintroduce potential vulnerabilities.
- Always go for integrated families of products since theyprovide standard monitoring capabilities. Such productshave unified policy control, management of risk andnetwork security. Integrated families leverage a strongecosystem of unity to give consolidated solutions for all their data center assets.
- While at the design stage, consider the current as well asthe future objectives as to whether you will need to connectto public cloud environments.
- Define profiles and policies that can be monitored across multi-tenant environments. Stick with technologies whichprovide secure gateway connectivity to public cloudresources.
For more resources and information about it products, visit Data Center Journal. They are more than just a technology magazine. They providetop-notch solutions that help you to integrate and harmonize yourbusiness critical systems. They offer insightful it tips that help you managerisks thereby securing your data services. Look up in their website forunbiased editorial reviews.
Have you faced work disruption in your office due to your printer not working? Has it become more frequent? If your answer is yes, you need to change the mechanic or the service agency you have been using and go for an authorised HP service centre to attend to your HP printers and other office equipment.
Office Printers can Stop Working Due to Many Reasons
If you are wondering if the problem you are facing with your printer is unique to your office, you need not fret. Printers are electronic devices and have some sensitive parts and components as well. Most of the latest ones also have software operating them. Moreover, in a typical office environment, many people might be handling the printer throughout the day. Some of them might not be very familiar with all the functions of a printer, especially if you are using one of those high end multi-function HP printers. You will have to call in theprinter repairs guy immediately.
Prompt Service Needed
Once you have registered a complaint with the HP service centre, you would expect them to first acknowledge and then arrange to send their mechanic or engineer within the shortest possible time. In cities like Sydney, offices would expect the service agency to attend to repair calls within 24 hours. In fact, the good ones among them assure the same day service. This means that if you have made a complaint in the morning, you can hope to have your printer up and running before the day is over. There are printer repairs HP service centres, which offer these, and you must select one of them as your regular agency.
Qualified and Experienced Manpower
However, a good hp service center cannot provide you the service to your satisfaction, unless they have engineers and other technical and repair staff who have received direct training from HP. Not only that, they must also be conversant with all the models of HP that are in the market. The agency will therefore have to keep alert on all the new HP printer models being launched and purchased by the customers. The personnel need to have sufficient exposure and experience as well. It should never happen that the engineer arrives at the customer’s point in response to a complaint and finds that he is not thorough with the working of that particular machine.
Better CRM and Parts Stock to be maintained
Again, the quality of service provided by the HP service centre will also be evaluated on the basis of the superior customer care they are able to offer to their customers. This includes keeping a detailed record of each customer and the machines they have with the model details. This should be preferably kept as part of a good CRM package. This way when a complaint is received, the service engineer can quickly access the information on the exact machine, when and by whom the last, if any, repair was attended. Having all these details, it makes it easy for the engineer to carry the relevant parts and consumables and ensure the printer is repaired and restored on the first visit itself.
Companies around the world are focusing on increasing their business by increasing their fleet volume, investing more on fleet sales, etc. Look at the flight service provider, Spicejet, and you would see it adding 8 aircrafts to its fleet in the financial year. Look at the American automotive companies, and you would see them investing and concentrating more on the role of fleet sales. The reason is the high volume of business they are gaining from fleet sales. But when you are expanding business, and investing more resources into it, then one responsibility automatically gets prime, which is the management. But with the smart GPS fleet monitoring Australia solutions, this responsibility can be handled much systematically.
What is a fleet monitoring system
The fleet monitoring system is simply an arrangement or whole infrastructure which includes resources like manpower, computerized system, and information exchange media like radio signals, internet, etc. The well connected system is required to send and receive information from the carriers travelling overseas to different parts of the world. If you are already into the fleet business, then you know the importance of the fleet managing system well. But over the years, this system also has continuously been evolved and advancements have been incorporated to make information exchange fastest, locating of fleet the most accurate, and avoid loss of signals or loss of data.
The modern day GPS fleet monitoring in Australia is therefore one of the most advanced forms of fleet management system, which helps small and large businesses get the service at a reasonable rate and online.
GPS or global positional system is that technology which helps detect the position of any object via satellite signals wherever it is on the earth. The system is tracked and managed by satellite vision, and signals are detected and intercepted through satellites. Therefore, you get the most accurate data when you are using the system for GPS fleet monitoring Australia shops sell.
How detailed and organized can fleet monitoring become with GPS
This GPS when incorporated into the system for GPS fleet monitoring Australia shops sell, it takes an amazing form, and all fleet data can be received and sent instantly. The fleet can be located instantly all the time and around the clock, and you always stay connected with your people wherever they are on duty. Hence, tracking and managing business gets really easy, and you are always sorted. More details at UniGuard.
However, when you are going to choose a service provider or enroll for a GPS fleet monitoring software for fleet management, don’t look at cheaper options. This is because when you look for a cheaper option, you end up saving money on one side, but get more headache on the other side. You may lose communication frequently with your fleet, or may not get anticipated and timely support from the fleet managing services. Hence, it’s best to rather look for the best GPS fleet monitoring in Australia (see http://uniguard.com.au/) to get the highest quality services.
With proper monitoring of fleet, the business can be monitored perfectly. And stable communications would lead to better management and more sales volume. Thus expansion of business can be initiated faster.